Lake District Estates is a family owned business with its head office located in Kendal. The company owns and operates a selection of high quality and award winning tourist attractions, caravan parks, retail outlets and letting properties. Heritage and preservation are at the heart of the business, that operate two of the Lake Districts best loved attractions Ravenglass & Eskdale Steam Railway and Ullswater ‘Steamers’.
Lake District Estates has a commercial and private letting property portfolio with an in-house dedicated building team, properties are located throughout the Lake District National Park in key locations such as Kendal, Windermere, Newby Bridge and Ravenglass.
Lake District Estates owns and manages five caravan parks offering a variety of self catering and touring accommodation, private holiday homes located within key holiday destinations throughout the National Park and Cumbria including Windermere, Ullswater and Kirkby Lonsdale. The Company manages the Peter Rabbit & Friends licensed shops in Bowness on Windermere, Keswick and Hawkshead , the retail business also incorporates an e-commerce shop ‘Rabbit Rabbit Gifts’.
Lake District Estates remains a leading, family-owned Cumbrian business specialising in tourism, property and leisure by:
- Achieve and maintain award winning/highest rated quality standards for our products and services
- Provide a level of outstanding customer service
- Build strong brands and increase brand awareness by representation
- Developing the workforce with training and motivational objectives
- Acting sustainably and responsibly by putting environmental, community and health and safety considerations at the forefront of everything we do